kaylabeck

Playing Possum
Nicola Barber, Angela Dawe, Natalie Ross, Charlaine Harris, Amanda Ronconi
Aunty Lee's Delights: A Singaporean Mystery
Ovidia Yu
Green-Eyed Demon - Jaye Wells If you're reading this review and haven't read the book yet, please step away from the computer. Do yourself a favor and read the damn book! Unless, of course, you haven't read Red-Headed Stepchild, which you should buy and devour immediately. I suppose I can't say much, being as I've owned every one of Jaye Wells books since they came out. I'm a book hoarder, but not always a diligent book reader. That being said, I have now read it and am about to start on Silver-Tongued Devil.

Jaye Wells is a wordsmith. Not only does she write amazing stories, she weaves colorful characters, dark humor, and flashes of pure genius into them. Green-Eyed Demon is a prime example of this. She tells the story of her heroine, Sabina Kane, in such a way that I feel like I'm experiencing her battles, triumphs, heartbreaks, and growth right along with her. The book was so intense that tears ran down my face throughout the last chapter. Sabina has evolved so much over the course of the series, and my heart surges with pride for this literary character. It is nothing but pure awesome sauce.

As for me breaking down the book and giving you an idea of what happened in it, I trust that you can read the product description. I would hate to insult your intelligence or accidentally spoil anything. Once again, just read the damn book.