kaylabeck

Playing Possum
Nicola Barber, Angela Dawe, Natalie Ross, Charlaine Harris, Amanda Ronconi
Aunty Lee's Delights: A Singaporean Mystery
Ovidia Yu
Falling For Her Fiance - Cindi Madsen Review originally posted at Bibliophilia, Please

Falling for Her Fiancé is a sweet romance by Cindi Madsen that really makes me eat all of my words about romance novels. I've been on a bit of a binge lately on the genre, and this is the best (strictly) romance that I've read in 2013. While it follows the typical "boy meets girl" pattern that you expect, it is cleverly written and has delightful characters. Also, it is a very clean read that would be perfectly fine for teenagers.

Dani and Wes are those two friends that everyone but them knows should be together. (We've all known those two, right?) They're always on the phone and have kept in touch over the years, through Dani moving to another state and both of their failed romances. However, they are finally met with social pressures that seem to demand them to be in a relationship (though not necessarily with each other). They jump on the opportunity, though not without quite a few awkward moments, laughs, and Indiana Jones references. Dani and Wes spend the novel in an elaborate dance of near-misses. There was, of course, an ex-girlfriend and a potential new man thrown in the mix to make things interesting for the pair. It had me at the edge of my seat and furiously thumping the iPad to keep the pages turning fast enough.

Falling for Her Fiancé is a very short read, which feels even shorter because you don't want to leave Dani and Wes behind. You can tell (without being beat over the head with it) that they are two fun people, and they deserve to be together. It's not very often that I root for a couple to get together and make it in a book, but I most certainly did in this one. I think you will, too.

To satisfy FTC guidelines, I am disclosing that I received a copy of the book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. It has in no way affected the outcome. All opinions expressed are rambling, honest, and completely my own.