kaylabeck

Playing Possum
Nicola Barber, Angela Dawe, Natalie Ross, Charlaine Harris, Amanda Ronconi
Aunty Lee's Delights: A Singaporean Mystery
Ovidia Yu
Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake I spent months eagerly anticipating the release of this book after hearing several authors and bloggers rave about it. This was my Big Book of 2011. I can tell you, my friends, that it did not disappoint. I'm a tough critic when it comes to Hype, and Kendare Blake's novel held up well.

As far as this book is concerned, Kendare Blake is not merely an author - she is a wordsmith. She is able to weave the tale of Cas and Anna in such a way that I felt as if I was in the novel. Despite it being a little scary, I did not want to leave. I loved her descriptions of everything involved, and the supporting characters are some of my alltime YA favorites. Every character in the book had a specific purpose and served it well. I'm a three book a week girl (alternating due to my short attention span), but I had this book read in 10 hours and that is including the 6 hours I used to sleep!

I would recommend this book to anyone that wants to read a spooky ghost story or an all-around fantastic piece of fiction.