kaylabeck

Playing Possum
Nicola Barber, Angela Dawe, Natalie Ross, Charlaine Harris, Amanda Ronconi
Aunty Lee's Delights: A Singaporean Mystery
Ovidia Yu
Possess - Gretchen McNeil There are few things in the world of reading that I love more than an author who has done her homework. I am a history major with a religious focus, and let me tell you, Gretchen McNeil has done her homework. That satiates the nerd in me. The very real characters, unexpected murder mystery, exceptional world building, and amazing storytelling makes my inner-bibliophile a very happy camper.

I was slow reading this at first because nothing scares the crap out of me more than demons. I was raised Southern Baptist, so we don't have exorcisms. Basically, if we get possessed, we're up the creek without a paddle. That being said, I was only reading it during my short daylight hours after work. Last night, it started getting so good that I read it until nearly 11 pm! Alone! When I woke up this morning, I read it straight through my beloved morning nap.

In short (or long, whatever), this book is completely amazing. It is a great supernatural thriller for the teen crowd that has left me very anxious for more.

And a little something extra that I wrote after reviewing that I hope to add to each review from now on. Drum roll please!

...Possess Haiku!